Survey123 mobile app: From the Sent box, if you open a sent survey, I have a field that is Yes/No (select-one type) that is not responsive in the sent draft. It is like the phone has frozen up and you can not select either choice. Why?

09-27-2018 01:13 PM
Peters_Amy
Occasional Contributor

There are no relevant statements or calculations on the field.  There is no default value and it is not even a required field.  I can't figure out any reason why the field is completely frozen from a sent survey but not a new survey on my mobile device.

Thank you  #james tedrick

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue and haven't seen this behaviour before. Might be a good question to put to technical support. Are you seeing this on other devices?

Would suggest adding the Survey version, Survey123 field app version, operating system and other context such as if the survey's been republished or if it's hosted in Portal for ArcGIS.

0 Kudos
Peters_Amy
Occasional Contributor

Chris,

Thank you for responding. Yes, I just submitted a ticket with ESRI tech support.  FYI, it is happening on all the 20 mobile devices (Apple and Android).  They are all running the most current Survey123 field app version (3.0.149) and operating system and I published it from Connect version 3.  The survey was republished after a schema change recently, and this time, I did not create a new survey, I just changed the schema and it overwrote the existing survey and data was erased (I backed it up first). There is only one field that gets frozen in the entire survey but it happens every time you open a Sent survey.  The question is inside of a group and inside of a repeat, but does not have a calculation, relevant, default, required value, or esri:fieldType override value or anything that would cause it to freeze.  The only way to "wake it up" so you can answer the yes/no question is by tapping the plus sign to enter a second record in the repeat.  On the second record, you can answer the question and all rule based fields appear.  But then you are left with the first record in that repeat being blank.  I'll post again when I get the answer from ESRI.  Thanks again.