Survey123 map is not accurate when scrolling?

10-14-2021 11:48 AM
ConorFlynn
New Contributor III

Does anyone else have a problem with the Survey123 Inbox map when scrolling??  Points move relative to the basemap.  The problem appears to be worse in Survey123 for Desktop/Windows.

This issue makes it very difficult to relocate exact coordinate in Survey. 

See screenshots....the same points are shifted relative to the basemap (aerial imagery) as I scroll in the map.

Thank you!

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ConorFlynn,

Can you confirm the version of Survey123 field app you are using on Windows? Is it the latest 3.13 builds? Also are you using the 64 bit or 32 bit version?

Do you see the same thing on iOS and Android?

When you say scroll the map, do you mean scroll with mouse wheel, or use finger to pan the make? Does the issue happen when change zoom level or panning? Can you record a screen capture video?

How many points/surveys are you loading on the Inbox map? If you have less does the problem still ocurr?

If you open the survey and go to the geopoint map control, and open the geopoint map and scroll/pan/zoom the map, does the same issue happen in that map view?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ConorFlynn
New Contributor III

Phil,

Thank you.  We were using the latest build, 64 bit version on Windows devices.  It does not seem to happen on iOS.  We moved our field staff to iOS anyway, so the issue is no longer a concern for us. 

Not sure if I need to mark this as resolved?

0 Kudos
TimeonSchot
New Contributor II

Hi @ConorFlynn, I've been experiencing the same problem. Whenever I'm panning or zooming in the Inbox map, the geopoint markers somehow get an offset relative to the basemap. In my case, I'm using a web map as the basemap and now that I've reverted the web map's coordinate system to that of the survey (WGS1984) the problem seems to be largely resolved. Also, the spatial filter which is related to the map extent appears to be more accurate now. I've been encountering these issues while using the latest version of ArcGIS Survey Connect (3.16.105) for Windows.

Thanks!