Survey123 - Location capture from device

Jump to solution
11-15-2019 07:44 AM
Andy_CS
New Contributor III

Am I correct in understanding that if I don't include a geopoint type question (i.e Not included at all, not just hidden) in my survey design then the Survey123 mobile application will still try to obtain a default location for the survey from the device's location? See here: Tracking Surveys - help topic

If so, at what point does the Survey123 mobile application capture the device location? Is it at the point the survey is opened, marked as complete or submitted?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

You are correct in that Survey123 will capture a location regardless of whether a geopoint question is included or not.  The location will be collected at the point of the survey being opened.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew,

You are correct in that Survey123 will capture a location regardless of whether a geopoint question is included or not.  The location will be collected at the point of the survey being opened.

Andy_CS
New Contributor III

Thanks!

0 Kudos
blancod88
New Contributor

Hi Andrew, is there a place to see those automatic location captures and actually use them to map the information provided in the survey?

0 Kudos
VincentMattes
New Contributor II

Asking perhaps the same question twice, but with Survey123 (using version 3.11.164) leveraging an external GNSS antenna, the GNSS NMEA location (lat, long, altitude, RTK fix, etc.) is collected....

1. At the moment the "Collect" button is selected in the survey to populate the form fields?
  2. Upon completing the survey entry form and then selecting the "Submit" checkmark icon?

Please confirm.  Thank you.

0 Kudos