Survey123 link not launching in Internet Explorer

02-07-2018 06:41 AM
Environnement_1Lausanne
Occasional Contributor

I made a survey on Survey123 Connect. I shared the link (public) and when I try to access it via Internet Explorer, the Survey doesn't open. I need a refresh of the page for the Survey to display. Could you fix this issue ? It works perfectly with Firefox.

24 Replies
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James

Do you have an idea of when this might be fixed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

I also have a survey that won't open in IE11.

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/20ad43a8d84642ca93b3ffda01f10da6 

It works fine in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari but not IE11?

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ

Doing a Control-F5 on the survey after it stalls in IE11 fixes the issue.

If anyone would like a workaround for this issue, we found one.

If you change the 'share' part of the URL to 'snare', an autorewrite that ESRI has to change it back to 'share' seeems to fix the problem with IE11 by forcing it to refresh.

Its weird, but it works!

https://survey123.arcgis.com/snare/0f176db4e941421e936cb8fca1bc0863

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all,

The fix of this issue is available on https://survey123.arcgis.com now, you should be able to open the survey in IE11 as expected.

0 Kudos
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

I also can't open my survey in IE 10.

I get an error about « i18n » property which seems to be null or undefined

Complete error code (in french): "Impossible d’obtenir la propriété « i18n » d’une référence null ou non définie"

Any idea why?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicolas,

As MS ended support for IE 10 in desktop OSes (and most server OSes) in 2016, we no longer test or support the website with IE 10.

NewtownGIS
New Contributor II

I'm bumping this thread

I identified public forms not loading in IE some time ago: IE Browser Compatability and Geopoint Calculation with Public Surveys made in Connect 

This is especially noticeable and maybe related with longer choice lists like I have, it is a burden to tell folks only use certain browsers like I have here: Alarm System Registration | Newtown CT  

Hopefully this is fixed before(part of potential 2.9) or as part of the 3.0 release

0 Kudos
Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue, except that i'm having problems to view my surveys on Google Chrome browser. Anyone else had this or knows how to fix it? For me the same survey weblink works for example on Internet Explorer 11... 

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelija,

Does the same behavior happen when you attempt to open the survey in a Google Chrome 'Incoginto window'?

0 Kudos
Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

Hello Brandon. 

It is a bit more complicated than that. 

When I share the survey publicly, also chrome does not produce any problem and opens it. 

If I limit the sharing with a specific organizational group, it starts to give me errors. 

Now I've noticed that if I use the link that has "&open=menu" at the end of it, it opens up in Chrome also when not shared publicly. Curious. If I delete this end , it keeps telling me that the survey doesnt exist or is inaccessible. 

chrome_Error

open_menu

I tried in Incognito - it keeps asking my login details, once I enter them, it opens the survey for just a moment and comes back to ask me for logins. I tried that 3 times in a row to make sure it won't work  

incognito_chrome

Maybe you will know how to help?  

BR, 

Aurelija

0 Kudos