Survey123 limit number of submissions of survey

Jump to solution
07-01-2020 08:14 AM
SarahHollier
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is there a way to limit a survey in the following ways

• so a person can only submit 1 form per day but would be allowed to submit again for another day
  • so only 20 submissions can be made per day

The survey is for a permit to a site and we are looking to restrict the numbers of visitors to 20 a day and only allowing a person to visit once per day, the permit includes name and vehicle registration as well as address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am struggling to work it out and need to have this up and running asap.

Thanks

Sarah

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sarah,

Are the users currently using the Survey123 field app or web app to submit the survey? Also what version of field app and/or web app, and what version was the survey published with?

There is a setting in the Survey123 website to allow a submitter to only submit a survey once, however this can not be configured on a daily basis or to a different limit, such as 20. This only applies to the web app, and not surveys submitted from the field app.

I encourage you to submit an enhancement request via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sarah,

Are the users currently using the Survey123 field app or web app to submit the survey? Also what version of field app and/or web app, and what version was the survey published with?

There is a setting in the Survey123 website to allow a submitter to only submit a survey once, however this can not be configured on a daily basis or to a different limit, such as 20. This only applies to the web app, and not surveys submitted from the field app.

I encourage you to submit an enhancement request via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

SarahHollier
New Contributor III

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you for replying.

All users will be submitting using the web view, we cannot use the field app as it needs to be available for members of the public to submit to. We are currently looking into other options at the moment for the provision of these permits but I will submit an enhancement request as we have had few requests in our organisation for this feature.

Thanks

Sarah 

0 Kudos
Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever find a workaround to limiting the number of submissions on a survey?  I'm looking to do something similar.  Thanks!!

SarahHollier
New Contributor III

Apologies I have only just seen your reply, unfortunately I didn't manage to find a solution yet, we are currently looking into different options for this survey and may need to take it out of survey 123 to meet business requirements.

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@SarahHollier @Danielle_Journey A new Enhancement request has been raised for this functionality to be added in a future release: 

• ENH-000150454: Provide the functionality to limit the number of submissions for a survey in Survey123
ZaneWalkerNFG
New Contributor

Is it possible to set a field to establish a "Total number of survey submissions" and then use python to "close" or "modify" a map once submissions exceed a certain number? Basically, a workaround until the feature gets built in to Survey123 or Field Maps.

0 Kudos
RM-ZaneWalkerGISS-T
New Contributor

@Richard_Purkis  Is there any way we can see the status of this Enhancement request?

Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Just a quick update posting the resolution from this thread

Using the new pulldata("@layer") function you can count the number of records submitted to a survey (granted that your survey layer has query capabilities enabled).   With that, you can build a constraint to prevent further submits, and show a message indicating that the survey is closed.

Check out this video on minute 22:10, as it describes how to do it. Also some additional help in this blog, and this help topic.

The above is not quite the same as 'closing the survey', but it may do it for you.