Survey123 Issue with Start and End types when editing point feature.

Jump to solution
04-02-2018 12:06 PM
AdminYreka
New Contributor

I am using Survey123 I have both Start and End types(both esriFieldTypeDate) with a default of  now() for both.  When i record a new feature the date and time value is recorded just fine, but if I edit  an existing feature it returns a value under Start of  12/31/1969, 4:00 PM. (<--issue) The End field is repopulated with a value of the time the edit its submitted.

I would think the Start field should either stay the same or repopulate to the date and time the feature opened for editing.

I also have a field called 'Install date'(esriFiledTypeDate)that is a date and time that is intended to be populated with values later and is currently set to type "hidden" in the XLSForm. this also returns a value of 12/31/1969, 4:00 PM when I edit a feature.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RogerMesen-Delgado
Occasional Contributor

I think that your issue is related with the default now() in the start and end type of field. They were created to check the beginning of the survey and the end so if you write the default value it create the issue. 

just try without the now() I already create a form and used both fields without the now() and it works. check the images. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RogerMesen-Delgado
Occasional Contributor

Hello Yreka, I just look a excellent post for your question. check https://community.esri.com/thread/175212  in the answers ichivite-esristaff‌ posted a full answer about how to use the "date" - "datetime" "start-end" type of fields. 

I hope this can help you. 

0 Kudos
AdminYreka
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply and the link. This post you directed me to was very helpful though my issue pertains more directly to the editing of existing features in Survey123. 

RogerMesen-Delgado
Occasional Contributor

I think that your issue is related with the default now() in the start and end type of field. They were created to check the beginning of the survey and the end so if you write the default value it create the issue. 

just try without the now() I already create a form and used both fields without the now() and it works. check the images.