Survey123 Integromat Linked Fields

07-26-2021 12:24 PM
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

This is partly a question, but also a trial and error explanation for anyone who is encountering the same issue.

Through Survey123 & Integromat, when a field that is linked to a webhook is submitted and left blank, Integromat registers an error and usually shuts down the scenario, barring the webhook from activating fully. For example, if you ask for a date field for calendar event trigger or an email for email triggers, and the answer that is returned from the survey is blank, Integromat will first halt the scenario and if the action requires intervention then the scenario will shut down entirely until the queue and/or error is resolved.

The solution I have found so far is making each field tied to an Integromat webhook question or field a mandatory S123 question. This enforces an answer so blank field errors and shutdowns are avoided and helping keep the questions answered. Specifically on dates and emails, blank fields not only return errors in Integromat but also through whichever domain is being used for emails and calendars or schedules for example. 

Therefore, my question would be this: is there a list or known example of items that can cause critical errors or failures that I would need to be aware of and/or plan for while using webhooks and what will I be planning for on each? Even if it's just a topic question rather than specifics that will be great. I can imagine this topic will become far more complex as I dive in but there are few resources I have been able to find thus far.

Sincere thanks & God bless,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
0 Replies