Survey123 in Enterprise 10.6.1

Jump to solution
01-09-2020 07:43 AM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to upgrade to Enterprise 10.6.1 and Portal. But the Survey123 app button isn't available in the launcher on the Portal homepage. Is there something I need to do to get it added?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April,

To add Survey123 in app launcher on portal website, it does require extra steps to add item first with your enterprise/portal url.

Here is the step by step to add item first and then add app into app launcher:

1. Add an app to the Portal. My Content → Add Item → An Application → Type (Application) → Title (Survey123) → Tags (whatever you like) → Add Item.
  2. This will open the Portal App item once it’s created. Go to Settings tab → Scroll down to ‘Application’ → Data Source URL (https://survey123.arcgis.com/?portalUrl=https://machine1.esri.com/portal). Here please use your own Portal URL. Click Save.
  3. Now the ‘Survey123’ app will appear app a registered app when you try to Add App to the App Launcher.
  4. Select it from the dropdown, change the label, then either enter an abbreviation or upload a 48 x 48 icon.
  5. It should now appear in the App Launcher

Ypu can reference these online docs for a general steps to add apps on the Portal site here:

Add Items

Manage apps in the app launcher

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April,

Could you check the app launcher in your organization setting to see if Survey123 is in the App launcher?

Please see this online doc for reference.

AprilChipman

Survey123 is not in the App Launcher. 

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

You might want to double check if your organization has licensed and if it does, it should automatically show up in the app launcher for user accounts which have appropriate licenses to access. 

It's also possible that Survey123 maybe remove but you can add it back by following this doc.

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

I didn't think Survey123 required an additional license...?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April,

It depends on what account you are logging with. Survey123 is included with user types of creator, field worker and GIS professional. See this doc for details of the user type license.

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

I am the Administrator of the Portal.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April,

As you are the admin of the portal, could you go to Organization tab and click Licenses tab>Applications and see if you have Survey123 assigned for the account you are logging with?

Here is the online doc about the user type licensing when you upgrade enterprise.

0 Kudos
AprilChipman

This is what I see when I click 'Organization' -> 'Edit Settings' and then the 'General' tab on the left. The App Launcher does not include Survey123, but asks for an App Item URL.

This is what I see when I click 'Organization' -> 'Manage Licenses'

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April,

Thanks for the screenshots and let me check it futher and will get back to you shortly.

0 Kudos