Survey123 Image Questions - Photos are all rotated 90 degree

Jump to solution
06-17-2019 08:53 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey, 

We have users with ipads completing surveys on the Survey123 app, and every single photo that they take seem to be rotated -90 degrees.

I understand this is because they are holding the ipad portrait, but my question is, can we get the photos to auto rotate? 

Is this a limitation with iphones, or the app?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Here is an example survey result.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenVan_Kesteren1

Hey James, 

So I got to the bottom of it, what was happening is the user was taking the photo with the camera on the ipad, then opening up survey123 and filling in the survey, and instead of taking a photo within the app, they were selecting the photo from the ipads camera reel, and pressing submit... I have since tested myself and the photos all come through the correct way up, regardless as to weather screen rotation was locked/unlocked.

Thanks for your suggestion.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ben,

Jus to check, you are using the current (3.3) version of Survey123?  Also, are the iPads rotation locked?  That can cause confusion about the device's rotation settings. 

BenVan_Kesteren1

Hey James, 

So I got to the bottom of it, what was happening is the user was taking the photo with the camera on the ipad, then opening up survey123 and filling in the survey, and instead of taking a photo within the app, they were selecting the photo from the ipads camera reel, and pressing submit... I have since tested myself and the photos all come through the correct way up, regardless as to weather screen rotation was locked/unlocked.

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos