Survey123 how to save all edit dates

07-25-2017 12:14 AM
juan_marvinwirjomartono
New Contributor III

Hello,

I know that I can use type: "datetime" with default value "now()", or type: "end", to get the latest edit / modified date/time. However, I would like an attribute that stores all modification dates (there are forms which the users need to edit more than 1 time).

One idea I have, is to create a type "text" (we can say the name is: "tempDate") and put the calculation like: ${tempDate} + format-date(${endDate},'%Y%m%d%H%M'). I expect the value of "tempDate" will always be added with the new "endDate" (modification date) while keeping the old one. Unfortunately, that formula does not work properly (will produce error) because I cannot put ${tempDate} on the "tempDate" row calculation.

Could you please advise me how to do this? I am looking forward to your advise.

Regards,

Marvin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marvin,

Are there a discrete number of workflow steps that need to be tracked?  If so, the easiest way to keep this information in the record is to have a separate date questions for each step.  

Keeping track of an unknown amount of modifications is rather tricky to implement- this is normally handled through a more complicated data storage system than we implement in the Survey123 app (something akin to the versioning system you see in enterprise geodatabases).

0 Kudos