Survey123 how to associate a shared tile package?

04-17-2019 08:54 AM
RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

I am following the instructions here: http://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/preparebasemaps.htm

The survey has been published, but when I open my MySurvey.info, everything is null, unlike the example in the link above. I am trying to have the form download the tile package from AGOL, rather than dropping the .TPK into every form and increasing the upload and download times significantly. 

When I add the additional JSON to the MySurvey.info it doesn't download the TPK.

Is there part of the MySurvey.info that I can modify so that I just add the basemap to one survey, and then additional surveys downloaded to that device will have that basemap as an option? Right now that does not happen, although the documentation says that append, includeLibrary, and storeInMapLibrary are true by default. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

As the documentation indicates, you need to add a mapTypes section to the displayInfo > map portion of the .info file.  Given that the rest of the map section is either null or a default value, you could simply remove everything inside

"map": { }

Ans place in the snippet from the documentation, updating the item information for the TPK.

RobertRayner1
New Contributor III

Great, thanks for the reply James!

0 Kudos