Survey123 Hangs When Publishing

Jump to solution
08-09-2018 05:12 PM
neiden
by
New Contributor III

Hello! I built a fairly straight forward Survey123 form and Previewed/Published without trouble. I finished up my work, and went to publish the form for the end user to review. Survey123 now hangs forever. I searched GeoNet and researched various fixes without luck. Also read thru a post about turning on logging but am stumped there too. 

At one point I received an OAuth2 error message telling me to copy and paste a GUID-like code. I'm publishing this to AGOL and not an on-prem Portal. 

Uploaded the xlsx in hopes a kind-hearted S123 whiz might take a look and lend a hand. 

Thanks!

Nikki 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BillSimper
New Contributor III

Did you by chance move your form to a different folder in your AGOL Contents? That's one thing that will hang up publishing a form. If so, you'll need to update the "ownerFolder" in the .itemInfo file in your survey's project folder. 

https://community.esri.com/thread/114696 

View solution in original post

neiden
by
New Contributor III

Just got off the phone with Esri Support. Going into AGOL and deleting the folder, and not just the feature service solved the issue. Incidentally, Survey123 was creating a new feature service each time I tried publishing, so there were several in the AGOL folder. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BillSimper
New Contributor III

Did you by chance move your form to a different folder in your AGOL Contents? That's one thing that will hang up publishing a form. If so, you'll need to update the "ownerFolder" in the .itemInfo file in your survey's project folder. 

https://community.esri.com/thread/114696 

neiden
by
New Contributor III

Hi! Thanks for your response. No I didn’t move anything, I was simply carrying on developing the survey like I had been for the previous 1-2hrs, and it all of the sudden started hanging while publishing, seemingly out of the blue.

I did try deleting the existing service in ARCGIS Online, no luck.

0 Kudos
neiden
by
New Contributor III

Just got off the phone with Esri Support. Going into AGOL and deleting the folder, and not just the feature service solved the issue. Incidentally, Survey123 was creating a new feature service each time I tried publishing, so there were several in the AGOL folder. 

BradleyManning1
New Contributor III

Hi, Any reason that a new feature service was being created each time? I was working on a survey for 2 weeks and each time I republished whether it was for a form change or a question change, a new service was not created. Then one day when publishing it started making a new service each time. Just curious if Esri gave you an explanation for this?

0 Kudos