Survey123 Geopoints colors

07-25-2018 06:32 AM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to set different colors to geopoints based on the domain value of a field ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rene,

Where are you viewing your data when looking to see different color geopoints?

It is possible to symbolize your collected data based upon domain values when adding the feature service, which participates in your survey, to a web map in ArcGIS Online.  The easiest way to do this is to go to the survey123.arcgis.com website > click on desired survey > Data > Open in Map Viewer.  This will pull the feature service into a web map where you can "Style" and symbolize as desired.

Please let me know if this is what you were after.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brandon, I was hoping it is possible directly in the Data section, but if not, I will manage with the Open in the Map viewer

Thanks

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

if you want to symbolize the survey layer in the data tab of the Survey123 website:

1. Navigate to arcgis.com, login with the credentials of the same user that authored the survey
  2. Go into the Content tab and open the survey folder
  3. Click on the survey feature layer item details page and use the Visualization tab to change its labels and symbology. Save
  4. Go back to Survey123 and the Data page will now use your custom rendering and labels
DavidBeni
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have the same question for changing color and size of the point and of labels in Survey123, because they are too big and it's not readable.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi David. It looks like in your case, you are referring to the symbology of the survey data within the Survey123 field app (Sent, Draft, Inbox, Outbox folders). If that is the case, it is not possible to change the label size or symbology. If you are referring to the symbology of your survey data in the Data tab of the Survey123 website refer to this answer.

0 Kudos
DavidBeni
New Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

Ok, thank you for your reply. It would be very useful to implement this.

RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @IsmaelChivite,

I was wondering is this possible yet to change the symbology of the Inbox?

Thanks

Rachel