Survey123 - Geometry edition in mobile devices

01-26-2022 07:31 PM
Jordi-Monk-Developer
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have authored a survey with Connect. It is intended ONLY to allow users to provide suggestions related with existing features (i.e. the surveys are always opened in mode=copy). Surveys are designed to be used only from the web app.

The issue I am having is with the edition of the geometry.
Now, when surveys are opened in a 'PC', the interface is quite intuitive and allow users to click a button to start the edition, move the vertices, undo/redo, reset the changes, exit without saving, exit saving changes... all is good (see 2 images below):

1a.PNG1b.PNG

However, when I open the survey in a mobile device, this is the interface that I get. No matter what tool I use, the existing geometry is gone, and I can only (and hardly) create a new geometry from scratch. 

My question is, from the config. (Excel) file in Connect, is there any way to force this 'geometry-editing' interface to be the same as the desktop version?

Thanks.

2.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Jordi-Monk-Developer

The method=vertex capture method will be the way to make the editing workflow to use the vertexes instead of free sketch. 

Please see this documentation for more information.

Thank you,
Zach
Jordi-Monk-Developer
New Contributor III

Hi @ZacharySutherby Thanks for your response. I was already using method=vertex in my XLSForm, and it behaved as intended when the survey was opened in a, let's say, non-touch device. In fact, and to my surprise, when I opened the same survey a few days later, the UI was as I was expecting it.

I will confirm it, and will post the results here, but there are reasons for me to believe this was related with Survey123 working on a multipart polygon feature. I knew that Survey123 cannot work with multipart geometries, and I noticed that it just showed one of the parts in the multipart polygon. Anyway, I will post here my findings, if there are any.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos