Survey123 Generate Report Error Fields Outside Repeat

Jump to solution
03-27-2019 05:56 PM
KieranSroba
New Contributor II

I am getting an error when trying to generate a report with repeats. At the beginning of the survey the user specifies the location by selecting a location number from a drop down. Once a location is selected the user can enter details about the location and at the end add photos of the location via a repeat section in the survey. When I generate the report I would like to output each photo with the location number (this will be the same for every photo in the repeat) in a table. However when I try to do that I get the following error:

Error: Failed to parse "${LocationNum}". Field "${LocationNum}" does not exist or cannot be found in current parsing scope.

In the report template, is there a way to access field entered in a survey outside of a repeat while exporting the information entered in a repeat? 

Thank you! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kieran,

This is expected since the field LocationNum cannot be found in the current repeat layer. Currently, you can use the syntax ${layerName.fieldName} to access a field of the parent layer in the current repeat. Please let me know if this works for you.

Note: the syntax may change before the feature report become final due to continuous code implementation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kieran,

This is expected since the field LocationNum cannot be found in the current repeat layer. Currently, you can use the syntax ${layerName.fieldName} to access a field of the parent layer in the current repeat. Please let me know if this works for you.

Note: the syntax may change before the feature report become final due to continuous code implementation.

0 Kudos
KieranSroba
New Contributor II

That worked! I thought it may have been a syntax thing I was missing. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos