Survey123 from Connect Custom Submit Thank You/Redirect

04-17-2019 07:16 PM
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

I have a form created using survey123 connect but the data entry (survey data) happens mostly in on the web-app (instead of the field-app) for ease of use as we normally use in-office surveys.  Is there anyway to customize the submit button? Did I read that Version 3.3+ Connect / Survey Web-App allows for custom URL and redirects during Survey123 submit events?  Or is that only for Web-Form designs? 

I want to change the submit message at least to include a custom message or if possible to redirect to a resultant page showing followup map, etc.  

Thank you!

15 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Maaza,

Yes this is possible, you can now modify the Thank you screen for surveys created via Connect in the Survey123 website since release 3.3. See the what's new here for release notes: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/reference/whatsnewsurvey123.htm

And this post here for more information: https://community.esri.com/thread/210007-change-the-post-submit-screen-text-in-survey123#comment-833... 

You need to ensure you are using the latest version of the web app by checking the version locking setting on your survey.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

Hello, Philip:

Thank you for your help. I tried to find how to update the form submit button and I could not do it at all.  I have version 3.3.5 on connect , republished the form and went to the survey web site to see if I am able to update it.  I do not know where the correct documentation exists on exactly what to do. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Maaza,

Your first screenshot above is the correct place to change the Thank You screen. The actual submit button can not be modified to take you to a different URL, but you can change the Thank You message and include a link to another site you you require it.

Phil.

0 Kudos
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

Thank you again Philip.  I can now edit the content but the page appears to be incredulously and terribly slow to edit and the note still says that editing is prohibited (perhaps meaning the form)  at this time.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where do you see editing is prohibited? Can you send error message or screenshot?

Phil.

0 Kudos
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

Philip, the orange message in the image says that the feature is only available in the web-app and not the field app. It is a bit confusing and I did not read the updated message carefully. It now means forms created in Connect can be updated so that the submit message and button can be modified to be used in only the Web app but the Field app behaves the same as before.   

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The field app does not have a Thank You screen or custom message after you submit a survey, it simply returns to the survey info page. Therefore the Thank You screen is only supported in the web app, not the field app, as the message states. However you can create the thank you message for surveys created by web designer or Connect, just you will only see it when using web app.

Phil.

0 Kudos
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the clarification.  I like the field app but since we use desktops for the data collection, it makes sens to use the web-browser.  I wish the two authoring tools were interchangeable so that we can take advantage of the strength of both tools without the drawbacks. 

JasminBrinovcar1
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

Any idea when the Thank You screen will be supported in the field app?