Survey123 forms won't delete from non-named users' device

Jump to solution
10-26-2017 12:02 PM
SunnyF
by
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I have surveys that were set for "public" for collaboration. I got a call from a user (who's not logged in - just downloaded the survey from the link I sent) saying they cannot delete the survey - when they click on the survey, it takes them straight into the form instead of the interim menu we usually see with the menu option and the "delete" option.

How/Why is this happening and what's the solution to get the old form off their device?

Thanks,

Sunny

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sunny,

Can you verify the method for which the survey submitter opened the survey in the Survey123 field app?  It sounds like they may have used the 'press and hold' method at some point.  By design, this bypasses the survey page and opens the survey directly.  

If this is the workflow that was committed, the behavior may then be reflective of a known issue which causes subsequent tries, to access the survey page, to be bypassed.  Similar behavior is reflected in the following defect which is listed through technical support as BUG-000105699 - The draft survey option is not accessible when using the 'Press and hold' functionality in the 'My Survey' page to start a new survey in the Survey123 for ArcGIS mobile app on iOS and Android devices.

This particular issue has been addresses with the 2.5 version Survey123, which should be released later this month.  In the meantime, please ask your user to close any instance of the Survey123 field app that they have open and after re-opening the app, use the 'single press' method to navigate through the launching process.

Please let us know the results.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sunny,

What type of device are you using? iOS, Android or Windows?

Phil.

0 Kudos
SunnyF
by
New Contributor III

Hey Philip! Duh - I should have stated that. They/we are using iPhone 6/6s. They are not named users, but rather have received a "collaboration" link from me that opens in the app. The trouble seems to be that they aren't able to actually delete the survey form once it's been downloaded. I don't have the same problem (logged in OR logged out.) 

Best,

Sunny

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sunny,

Can you verify the method for which the survey submitter opened the survey in the Survey123 field app?  It sounds like they may have used the 'press and hold' method at some point.  By design, this bypasses the survey page and opens the survey directly.  

If this is the workflow that was committed, the behavior may then be reflective of a known issue which causes subsequent tries, to access the survey page, to be bypassed.  Similar behavior is reflected in the following defect which is listed through technical support as BUG-000105699 - The draft survey option is not accessible when using the 'Press and hold' functionality in the 'My Survey' page to start a new survey in the Survey123 for ArcGIS mobile app on iOS and Android devices.

This particular issue has been addresses with the 2.5 version Survey123, which should be released later this month.  In the meantime, please ask your user to close any instance of the Survey123 field app that they have open and after re-opening the app, use the 'single press' method to navigate through the launching process.

Please let us know the results.

Brandon