Survey123 forms having issues pulling data in the web browser. When I pull the data, the form cannot work in the browser but works in the survey123 App. Are there limitations while working with the browser?

Jump to solution
03-15-2019 09:05 AM
AnthonyTwesigye1
New Contributor II

Survey123 forms having issues pulling data in the web browser. When I pull the data, the form cannot work in the browser but works in the survey123 App. Are there limitations while working with the browser?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

After taking a look at your XLSForm, I can see that the error is related to the method that you have used to combine your latitude and longitude values.  Instead of using the '+' operator to combine the values, you must use the concat function to format the lat/long values.  This can be seen in the 'Calculate Location from CSV' sample form in Survey123 Connect.

I have gone ahead and made these changes with your provided form so that yo ucan see how this would be done.  After changing this, the survey should load without error using the web app.

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Are you receiving an error message when attempting to load the web app?

If possible, please upload your XLSForm to this thread so that we can take a look.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
AnthonyTwesigye1
New Contributor II

I receive the error while trying to open the form in the browser after publishing the form.

The form with the error

0 Kudos
AnthonyTwesigye1
New Contributor II

Here is the XLSform

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

After taking a look at your XLSForm, I can see that the error is related to the method that you have used to combine your latitude and longitude values.  Instead of using the '+' operator to combine the values, you must use the concat function to format the lat/long values.  This can be seen in the 'Calculate Location from CSV' sample form in Survey123 Connect.

I have gone ahead and made these changes with your provided form so that yo ucan see how this would be done.  After changing this, the survey should load without error using the web app.

Best,

Brandon

AnthonyTwesigye1
New Contributor II

I also found I was copying a sheet from a different xls form. This seems to have been adding on the problems.

Form now fine.

Thanks for the support.