Survey123 Form shared with Organization Opens in App but not Web

Jump to solution
12-17-2020 02:06 PM
JamesDahlstrom
New Contributor

I have created two survey123 forms (one in connect and another in the web editor) in ArcGIS Enterprise that reference a hosted feature layer and both the feature layer and forms are shared with the organization.  Users in the organization are able to open either form in the Survey123 mobile/desktop application and submit data without issue but when someone tries to open the application in a web browser the form never fully loads (it keeps loading and reloading over and over again until the browser tab is closed).  In the browser console there is an error code 403 which seems to indicate that the user does not have access.  I also receive this error and have the same experience even though my account is the owner of the feature layer and forms.  When the form and feature layer are made public the form loads in the browser and works as expected.

Users are able to edit feature layer in other ArcGIS Enterprise applications and the form works on the Survey123 application so it does not appear to be a permissions issue.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesDahlstrom
New Contributor

I managed to resolve the issue, it was a bug in version 3.9 of Survey123.  Upgrading to the latest version (3.11) resolved the issue.  Now the secured form opens in the web and application as expected.  Reverting back to the publish version of 3.9 breaks the web form component when the form is secured in Enterprise.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesDahlstrom
New Contributor

I managed to resolve the issue, it was a bug in version 3.9 of Survey123.  Upgrading to the latest version (3.11) resolved the issue.  Now the secured form opens in the web and application as expected.  Reverting back to the publish version of 3.9 breaks the web form component when the form is secured in Enterprise.

0 Kudos