Survey123 form preview and browser testing not matching up

Jump to solution
07-07-2020 07:32 AM
JuliaSurkis
New Contributor II

I am attempting to create a survey where the survey takers draw a polygon using the geoshape option, after the user enters their polygon, there is a note that references the area of the created polygon, and returns two different 'notes' depending on whether the polygon is bigger or smaller than a specific number. This has been working well for me in my collector app and it returns exactly what it should, but when I test the survey after publishing in a browser it always returns the same default (which happens to be the "false" of the "if" statement I'm using. (TotalArea is a hidden calculation of area(${GeoshapePolygon})).

if(${TotalArea}>1000,'<font color="red">Area Is Too Big for Small Mine Permit,Change area or Request Different Application</font>','<font color="green">Mine Area is appropriate size for Small Mine Application</font>')

I have tried adding a relevant question where the user has to select that they are done drawing the polygon before the "note" is shown, but I still get the same problem. 

Should I be using different code? Should I use a different type? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Nothing wrong on your end. The issue here is that the Survey123 web app does not support yet the distance and area functions.  This fix is planned for the 3.11 release in mid-September

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Nothing wrong on your end. The issue here is that the Survey123 web app does not support yet the distance and area functions.  This fix is planned for the 3.11 release in mid-September