Survey123 Form Change With Items in your Survey123 Outbox

06-29-2020 01:38 PM
CN
by
New Contributor III

I have a question regarding if data will be lost. if you had say 5 Survey123 inspections in your outbox because a required field was not autopopulating from an Arcade expression occasionally (oddly only Android devices) would those inspections be lost if you pushed a survey123 form update. The Survey123 hosted feature layer schema would not change at all and only change to the form would be making 1 text field editable instead of read only so a number could be typed in and the surveys submitted.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi C N,

The existing surveys in the Outbox will remain and if you update the form, the form with the previous records will still remain. When you update the survey in the field app, the new form will be honored( readonly->editable) and the records will stay when you open them in the Outbox. So you should not need to worry about the data lost when you update the form without changing your schema.

0 Kudos
PaulG
by
New Contributor II

Hi, How do I update the schema of items already in the outbox? I cant submit surveys because its complaining of some character. When I update the the xls form and replace that character, new surveys can be submitted. I therefore want the change in the metadata to reflect in the outbox surveys so that I can submit them. Is it possible?

Thanks,

0 Kudos