Survey123 field app crashes on Windows with geopoint question

278
5
08-19-2020 09:56 AM
Soper_Chuck
New Contributor III

I created a test survey to try out the geopoint question and do some geocoding. Using the field app, it works fine on iOS, but constantly crashes on Windows (version 3.7.57). This happens on multiple Windows machines.

Opening the survey in Survey123 Connect (version 3.7.62) on Windows also crashes frequently. I can avoid that crash by first opening a survey without the geopoint question, then when I open my test survey, there's no crash.

Are these known bugs? Or, is there something about my configuration? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi. You may want to upgrade Connect and the Field app to the latest released version. 3.10 as of today.

0 Kudos
Soper_Chuck
New Contributor III

Hi Ismael, I just realized that I was using Survey123 field app version 3.10.323 and Survey123 Connect version 3.10.239. This is on my desktop Windows machine. The previous version numbers were incorrect. I was using my laptop to type the email. I no longer use that machine for Survey123 work.

The crashes are still happening on v3.10 for both the field app and Connect.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks. In this case we will want to at least look at the diagnostics file.

Please activate diagnostics in the app settings pane. Make sure you keep the logs into a file and then share that with Esri Technical Support. You will want to make the app crash while logging is on. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Soper_Chuck
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response. I've had the log file files since last Friday. Apparently, I don't have permissions to create a case which seems to be required for me to report a bug. I made a request for those permissions, reached out to our local admin, and contacted our solution engineer. Hopefully, I'll be able to send in my log files soon. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Soper_Chuck
New Contributor III

A case has been created. I sent Esri Tech Support the log files and XLSForm. They were able to reproduce the issue. Hopefully, a work-around or fix will be found relatively soon. In the meantime, I'll ask my users to use the iPhone to avoid the issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos