Survey123 fails to submit from web browser, but works fine in mobile app

01-22-2021 05:23 AM
StacyLynnBlanco
New Contributor III

I have created a survey that includes nested repeats with multiple places to take photos, and there can be multiple photos taken at each place. The survey works great in the Survey123 mobile app. However, it is not working properly in the web app. If a user tries to submit from the web app, there is an error that pops up: 

"cannot read property 'split' of null"

I have found a work-around where you can add one item in the repeat, delete that item, and then submit, but this is not an acceptable workaround for the users.
Other issues I've noticed in the web app: It only shows one location for including photos, and only one photo can be added. Also, if you add an outer repeat, you can't select some of the variables. 
I don't understand why the web-app is behaving so much differently than the mobile app.  
I built the Survey using Survey123 Connect version 3.11 on a 64-bit Windows 10 machine. I've tested the web app on Chrome and Edge. The tests on the mobile devices have been on android and iPhone.
1 Reply
BenKeller_Esri
New Contributor

Hi Stacy,

Are you still seeing this behavior? I think it may be related to the appearance of the Repeat. Are you using Compact, Minimal, or Minimal Compact?

0 Kudos