survey123 failed to save - already exists

04-16-2020 09:00 AM
PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

In ArcGIS Online, I have joined two survey databases on a common field and saved it as a new feature service layer. (Yay! So happy that worked.)

Then, in Survey123 Connect, I created a new survey form based on that new feature service layer. I was able to successfully publish it. (Another yay!)

But, now I can't share it with anyone. I get this message:

Any clues?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Petronila, 

In your ArcGIS Online Content, there should be a folder associated with your survey name. That folder should contain your Form Item when you published the survey and will likely contain your stakeholder view. 

For example here is what the folder looks like for my Dogs test survey:

If the stakeholder view already exists in that folder you can either try sharing your stakeholder view from ArcGIS Online and it should be reflected in the Survey123 Web App. Alternatively, you can try deleting the stakeholder view from the folder which should unshare the survey in the Survey123 Web App and then reshare it from the Collaborate > Viewer tab. 

Here is a little article that goes through what those views are and why they are created. 

Thank you,

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
PetronilaMandeno

Thank you, Zach! I'll try that. I did share the contents of the Survey's folder with my group, hoping that it would show up for this automagically, but that didn't work. However, I didn't try deleting that stakeholder file. I might try that.

But, while trying to figure it out, I realized I created the join as a 'feature layer view' - which means no editing. But I don't want to edit. I like the fact that folks can't edit it. I just want them to be able to use the Data and Analysis tabs in Survey123.

I'll figure it out, one way or another. Either I'll try deleting the stakeholder file in the folder or just creating a new join that isn't a 'view'.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
AFackler_NAPSG
Occasional Contributor

Was this ever figured out? I am having the same issue and I tried to share the stakeholder view and delete the view all together and neither seemed to work

0 Kudos
PetronilaMandeno

Yes! Sorry I didn't come back to let folks know.

What I ended up doing was re-doing the join and *not* creating a view out of it. I created a new feature service layer. That worked fine. However, the attachments didn't come along. That's another hurdle I have to figure out. 😕

0 Kudos