Survey123 exporting name rather than label

12-06-2017 03:39 PM
GarretDubois
New Contributor II

I have a field in my survey that is showing the information in the name column rather than the label column when the data is viewed in survey123 for ArcGIS, or exported from survey123 to AGOL.

There are other rows that are similar in the survey but are showing up correctly in the data tables when viewed in survey123 for ArcGIS.

Question 1. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Question 2. Is there a way to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
34 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michelle,

This is expected of the export system (to export the name/database value instead of the label).  If you need the label to accompany the form as well, you can use the jr:choice-name function to include it in a calculate question in your form; see Formulas—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation for details.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar issue were a value added after the initial publish shows up with the 'name' value in Survey123 , and all other values are showing the label. So, majority of the records show the employee's name when a supervisor is looking at submitted surveys online, while one employee's records show as his employee ID. This field is a select_one 

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
ReneeHurst
New Contributor

Was your issue solved Shannon? I am having the same problem this time. Will updating fix the issue? 

0 Kudos
BernardRomey
New Contributor

If you want to export data directly from Survey123 it will use the label name from the XLS form.  If you want the data to correctly export/download/view table with the name column you specify in the form, you need to do the following in AGOL:

- In "My Content" navigate to the folder that contains the Survey123 form, there should be 3 files (form, web map, feature layer).
- Select the feature layer, then the "Export Data" option.  Select shapefile option and place it in the same folder (this is a snapshot of the data currently there, does not update, you will need to add a tag)
- Now you can download the created shapefile and it will have the name column as the data headers and will work just fine in ArcGIS (any version).

If you link to AGOL via ArcGIS pro and view the table, you will see the name field, not the label field
0 Kudos
BaltazarCalvas
New Contributor

BaltazarCalvas_0-1622474437127.png

I used Tool box (Geoproccessing TABLE-TO-EXCEL.

Please don't forget to check (use domain and subtype description) and is DONE!!!

Good luck. 

0 Kudos