Survey123 Dynamic Choice List with Pop-up Geopoint Passover Not Working

09-23-2022 10:08 AM
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

Hello everybody, I have been working and evolving this Hydrant flushing survey to include both clicking on the hydrant to flush then being able to generate a list of residual hydrants hopefully just using arcade expression / advanced S123 functionality. I took this recommendation to use dynamic choice lists from the S123 guru's themselves @BrettStokes and @IsmaelChivite at the ESRI USer Conference. Using the buffer option, it is able to pick up the other Hydrants and filter out non-operating hydrants. 

However, I can only get the dynamic list to generate the list if I manually enter in the geopoint, it will not read my passover geopoint value that is generated by default opening the Survey. Can I alter the arcade expression to allow this functionality to work fully? I see that when I click on the point it maybe geocodes / generates some additional info that is used in the dynamic buffer that does not work with my popup pass?  

I tried to use "calculate" to reference the geopoint field but that did not work. If I need to share more info /elaborate please respond and I will happily do so. I shared a skimmed down version of my survey123 form and took screenshot of expression but I can share anything else more you need! Desperate to have this work fully, so close. 

UPDATE: Spreadsheet updated 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

Your xlsx sheet contains dozens of errors.

0 Kudos
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

Sorry about that, I was trying to make a very slimmed down version to highlight just the part of the survey that was experiencing issues and made lots of issues in that version. Here is an updated form, could you please re-review. I can also send you the full original survey form if this one has any issues but I did test the copy this time. 

0 Kudos
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

Also just to reiterate, everything in the survey seems to function properly when I manually click my own geopoint "under location information group of my survey" (screenshot attach shows). However, when I let the pass through from AGOL with arcade expression autoassign the location, it does not refresh the "Residual Hydrant" list on my survey, says 0 results instead of this 1 result. 

Is there a way to "refresh" the geopoint question so the dynamic select question can pull from that question properly? Seems like the only way "intersects" with geopoint can work is if I choose the location within the form. If there is a way for S123 to trick this behavior with a repeat or something I am all ears, but even my repeat attempt with a calculation did not work 😞 @LaurenceTait @BrettStokes 

0 Kudos
LaurenceTait

There is a fairly simple way to force the location to update using a repeat. See this question: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/how-to-hide-map-in-geopoint-question/m-p/11...

But before going down that path, can you make the changes in the attached xlsx form and let us know the result?

I suspect this has something to do with the order in which the calculations are being done. You're basically asking the form to restrict the list f hydrants based on the geopoint, but that may be happening before the geopoint is actually calculated, hence no valid results.

Hopefully, if you base the restriction on a series of calculations, rather than direct off the geopoint, it will evaluate in the right order.

0 Kudos
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

Hey Laurence, thanks so much for the response and trying to help. Inching closer to an ideal workflow; however, still resulting in a hiccup. I have to click the "x" on the additional geopoint now and then "refresh" until the list generates any results.

I will look into the other path next, while not as ideal as an automated form solution, it is still better than what I have right now. I will still be open to any other solutions / updates but will try to let you know tomorrow if I have success with the button at least!

(Also I tried including default with the filter for operable hydrants but the user would have to change or click yes or no themselves which I guess is the same principle as the repeat button). 

0 Kudos
LaurenceTait

So, if I understand correctly, you are seeing the held_lat and current_lat fields, but you need to need to close down the geopoint and refresh it to get the list to populate?

That's useful information, since it pretty much confirms that the problem is the calculation order.

Try the xlsx below

0 Kudos
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

I feel like we keep inching forward @LaurenceTait , but the problem now is back to an old one I ran into.. I have to manually change the filter response by either clicking "yes" then "no" and then "yes" again for it to generate a list with the filter instead of having to close down the geopoint. 

I don't need the filter option for non-functioning / functioning hydrants but if it even worked by having to click "yes" at this point I would be more happy then having to click it multiple times.. I can see too every time I change the filter option the cloud appears where the magnify glass (in the final generated residual hydrant list within 10 mile buffer).

Appreciate the help, really just want to be able to put this form to rest as I am so close to it's fully completion, any other ideas? 

0 Kudos
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

B.U.M.P.

0 Kudos
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

I guess since there is no good resolution for this workflow I will have to create attribute filter "dynamic lists" based on Hydrant No to pickup other Hydrants from that sequence as the buffer output is just too glitchy in working properly. Or probably the better alternative is for me to create polygons with flushing zones and use that as part of the searchType 

Adam_Bourque_1-1665491331718.png

0 Kudos