survey123 detailed map zoom level doesn't change when viewed in app.

08-06-2019 06:07 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The users of my survey work on small scales (metres) and so would like the map to be very zoomed in immediately when collecting points/lines/polygons. Currently, they have to zoom in several times to reach a workable scale. When I set the default zoom level for a basemap in survey123 as below, I would expect the map to immediately be at zoom level 19 when I 'press to capture' in the app. However, no matter what I change in the survey settings the zoom scale in the app doesn't change. I get the same result whether I use ESRI imagery or my own tile package. I am doing something wrong? 

Thanks,

Sam

Screenshot of detailed map zoom level settings

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sam,

Have you tried to select the 'Home' button in the app?  Does it zoom to the specified scale after this?

Thanks,

Brandon

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brandon,

No I hadn't, once I select that it does zoom to the specified location and scale. I was hoping the app would be able to zoom to the specified scale centered at your current location, but I'm guessing this isn't possible? 

Many thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for confirming that the zoom level is appropriate once the home button is selected.  Once selecting home, and then selecting the location button it should retain the specified zoom level. 

To follow, you are right to expect the zoom level to be the same as what you have set for the home location when opening the map.  We have this behavior noted in our internal repository and we are investigating how it can be addressed.  Thank you for sharing your experience.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
SR11
by
New Contributor

Hi,

I know the topic is old but I am dealing with the same problem with Survey123 Web Designer. Am I doing something wrong, or the problem is not completely fixed yet?

Thanks,

Sara

0 Kudos