Survey123 default date format

08-08-2018 11:03 PM
NaomiBegg2
Occasional Contributor III

Here I am with yet another date format issue.

I have a date question in my survey.  I have asked for the appearance to be Day, month and year. I would like to have the submitting date as my default.

Sounds great ... BUT the default date is coming up in the American format rather than the common format for my region.  This will lead to confusion for whoever uses the survey thinking they are entering the wrong date and therefore the survey will not be used.

Within our organisation settings we have specified our region.  It would be great if it would pick up this and use an appropriate date format (or even a global standard).

Is there anyway I can fix this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
ColinCampbell1
New Contributor III

I'd also love to know the progress on this.  The bug referenced above says it's been implemented and fixed in 3.1.1, but I still get the dates displaying in US format.  Also looking at the information in the bug it seems like it's referring to a different issue.

It's really frustrating and risks people entering incorrect data.

0 Kudos
GFernando
New Contributor III

Yes, same issue here. Public facing surveys still show up as m/d/yyyy.

0 Kudos
SarahPC
New Contributor III

Has this ever be sorted? In NZ same issue with public facing web surveys displaying date in m/d/yyyy. Region is set to NZ and date/time format to Australia.

0 Kudos