Survey123 Crashes when including multiple photos in a group.

Jump to solution
10-12-2016 12:29 PM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am using documents scanned in as .jpg's and included in my survey in a group.  

The largest file is about 400kb (currently), I have included up to 47 images in my survey in testing.

When I load my survey on my iPhone, it works fine at both 200x200 dpi (400kb)per image and 600x600 dpi (1.5mb) per image. And when I have 12, 25 and 47 images.  No issues basically.

When I load my survey on my large iPad, it works fine when the images are 200x200dpi quality and crashes when they are 300x300 dpi & 600x600 dpi.  Quantity of images does not matter.  When it does crash it only crashes when I try to open the group at higher image qualities.

When I load my survey on my mini iPad, it crashes even before the survey can load when image quality is at 300x300 or greater at any image quantity.  When I use 200x200 dpi images with 12 images, it crashes when I try click on the group toggle show/hide.

This is my work around for including PDF attachments in my survey for user instructions.

This is confusing and I can clarify any questions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Which particular models of iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini are you using?  This may be surprising, but a newer iPhone will often be more capable than an older iPad- the iPhone generally gets the new processor first.  There are also limitations based on RAM in the devices- for example, the first iPad Mini only had 512MB of RAM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Which particular models of iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini are you using?  This may be surprising, but a newer iPhone will often be more capable than an older iPad- the iPhone generally gets the new processor first.  There are also limitations based on RAM in the devices- for example, the first iPad Mini only had 512MB of RAM.

0 Kudos