Survey123 Constrains Formula

Jump to solution
07-02-2020 06:56 AM
ShawnRoberts1
Occasional Contributor

Probably an easy one, I've just been out of the survey123 game for a while so my syntax is a bit shaky.

I have a primary type drop down which a user can choose a primary type (select_one).

After that the user is able to select other relevant types (select_multiple). This list is basically the same list as the primary type, just its a select multiple.  Ex primary type could be Community Center, and the secondaries could be arena, agricultural hall ect. 

I'm just trying to write the constraint formula to ensure the select_multiple does not have the value in the select_one checked off. So if Community center is the primary type make sure its not also selected as a secondary type. 

If this has already been answered well somewhere else feel free to point me to it!

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShawnRoberts1
Occasional Contributor

yup answered my own question.

not(selected(., ${faciltyTypePrimary}))

Dug it out of How To: Constrain Select Multiple response combinations in Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS  and modified it for my own needs. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShawnRoberts1
Occasional Contributor

yup answered my own question.

not(selected(., ${faciltyTypePrimary}))

Dug it out of How To: Constrain Select Multiple response combinations in Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS  and modified it for my own needs. 

0 Kudos