Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect will not republish survey created and published with web app

Jump to solution
10-03-2023 05:43 PM
PatrickC
Emerging Contributor

I'm trying to republish a survey that I previously published using the Survey123 web application. I added a simple text field in the xlsx and saved it.

When I try to publish it, the process hangs until you exit out of the application.

The version of Survey123 Connect I'm using is 3.18.124

I downloaded this on 10/03/2023 from Esri's site.

I believe this is a bug, but maybe I'm doing something incorrectly.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

This is where it hangs...

This is where is hangsThis is where is hangs

Patrick Claflin
Clemson University
GIS Admin/developer
pat@clemson.edu
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PatrickC,

This is a BUG and is logged as BUG-000155440. Essentially the Survey123 website creates a _form view layer that the survey points to. Survey123 Connect does not currently support view layers so what happens is it tries to add the field to the view layer, which is incorrect, instead of the feature service the view was created from. 

The workaround is to add the field to the parent feature service (it will automatically propagate to the view) then add the question in Connect. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PatrickC,

This is a BUG and is logged as BUG-000155440. Essentially the Survey123 website creates a _form view layer that the survey points to. Survey123 Connect does not currently support view layers so what happens is it tries to add the field to the view layer, which is incorrect, instead of the feature service the view was created from. 

The workaround is to add the field to the parent feature service (it will automatically propagate to the view) then add the question in Connect. 

Thank you,
Zach