Survey123 Connect (v2.2.6) converting XLSForm spins forever

03-21-2018 06:40 AM
Luong_HungChau
New Contributor II

Hi, i am a few Survey123 documents. The last 2 days, i can't updated my documents anymore. Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS stuck at converting XLSForm. Making a new survey got stuck also too. The previous version: 2.2.4 got now the same problem. What's the problem? Look at my attachment, pls.

Windows 10 Enterprise version 1703 (build 15063.909)

ArcGIS Online

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Luong,

Within Survey123 Connect, can you open the Settings > Services and verify that the following is present within the 'Survey123 RESTAPI Url' parameter?

https://survey123.arcgis.com/api

Please also verify that the Portal you are accessing is https://www.arcgis.com

After ensuring these are set, please try to create a 'New Survey' again and let us know your results.

Thank you,

Brandon

0 Kudos
Luong_HungChau
New Contributor II

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for helping me. All settings are 'normal'. Today, i spoke/search with my IT-expert of my company.

We did some tests too. Results: when he (as admin) log in, everything in Survey123 Connect works normally.

If i log in with my account, i got problems with Survey123 Connect. The problem is the restrictions of the accounts.

I work in a big company and it's NOT allowed to have 'administration'-account on my laptop.   It's against the company policy. At the past i never got any problems with Survey123 Connect...

What can i do now? 😞

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for the confirmation, Luong.

I think the next step will be to get a log of the behavior.

You can capture this log by opening Survey123 Connect and going to Settings > Diagnostics.  Start the log by selecting the 'Logging' switch (should turn green) and populate the Log output location parameter.  I would recommend selecting the option to 'Show log file folder' prior to replicating behavior.

After the log is turned on, you can then attempt to create 'New Survey' and wait for it to get stuck.  Go ahead and then grab the log file and send to me if you are able. ( I will send you a private GeoNet message with my email).

Best Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos
Luong_HungChau
New Contributor II

Brandon,

I did what u told. Some news i my reseach: my colleague got Survey123 Connect version 2.6.4. and he add a portal (https://www.arcgis.com). After then everything works perfect. I did the same in version 2.6.6. and it's didn't work. Still the same problems. :-s

0 Kudos
Luong_HungChau
New Contributor II

Brandon,

A normal reinstall didn't works.

I did:

1. uninstall Survey123 Connect.

2. delete the map ArcGIS (with 4 submaps: AppStudio, My Survey Attachments, My Survey Designs and My Surveys) too.

3. install Survey123 Connect again.

Problems resolved now!

Thanks!

BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Great to hear you're up and running now, Luong!

Brandon

0 Kudos