Survey123 Connect Submission window

Jump to solution
05-06-2021 07:31 AM
GIS_1234_KS
New Contributor III

I am trying to use Survey123 Connect to increase the functionality of my questionnaires. At the moment the first question participants are required to enter is a Unique Reference Number (URN) which is provided by their Organisation. When they submit the surveys and the pop up message appears thanking them for taking part, I was wondering if there is scripting that I can use to show their response to the URN question and allow them a second opportunity to note it down or take a photo off it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GIS_1234_KS 

In Connect, you can customise the text that appears in the thank you screen in the web app using a note question with generated_note_prompt_submitted as the question name. This supports using question placeholders in the label (and also HTML), so for example the label for the question could read something like:

Thank you for taking part. Your URN is <font color="red">${urn}</font>.

You can also customise the text for the footer, submit button, and more. Please see the Rewrite UI elements documentation and the Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Introducing Multilingual Surveys blog post for more details.

Hope this helps. Best, Jim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @GIS_1234_KS 

In Connect, you can customise the text that appears in the thank you screen in the web app using a note question with generated_note_prompt_submitted as the question name. This supports using question placeholders in the label (and also HTML), so for example the label for the question could read something like:

Thank you for taking part. Your URN is <font color="red">${urn}</font>.

You can also customise the text for the footer, submit button, and more. Please see the Rewrite UI elements documentation and the Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Introducing Multilingual Surveys blog post for more details.

Hope this helps. Best, Jim

GIS_1234_KS
New Contributor III

Thanks so much for this, worked perfectly and really useful advice for others following the same idea