Survey123 Connect: request error 403 when publishing

10-22-2020 03:52 PM
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

I am attempting publish a survey that does not have any changes (download survey, then publish) using Survey123 Connect Version 3.11.123 and get the following error.  This error does not occur for all of my surveys, but most of them I get the following error when downloading and attempting to republish.  I initially thought this was a firewall issue at my organization, but I am able to successfully republish other surveys.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

- Jake

Survey123 Error

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthewBrown7
Esri Contributor

What are the URLs used within the survey/form itself, in comparison to the URLs presented by the server? 

the 403 component of the error message suggests that the form is attempting to access the feature service using HTTP, and however the server requires HTTPS. 

JakeMatthys

Hi Matthew,

Where would I look for the URLs used within the survey/form itself?  I looked in the form.info file (as downloaded from Survey123 Connect), but there is no ServiceInfo section.  Although, when looking at the form.info file for the published form (downloaded with AGO Assistant), there is a ServiceInfo section with a HTTP url for the feature class.

Let me know where to look of the URL used with the survey/form itself.

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos
MatthewBrown7
Esri Contributor

check the feature service on server / portal first, within the forms themselves the service is only identified via its ID. within the form.info file you have identified that the URL being used is HTTP, which would return the error shown in your screenshot if HTTPS only has been enabled since the form was first published and/or upgrades to recent versions of enterprise with only support HTTPS.

you may need to recreate the survey form again using a HTTPS URL, however it might be possible to edit the url in the form.info file to a HTTPS rather than HTTP url (provided that the service in question has a HTTPS endpoint). 

JakeMatthys

Thanks for the help Matthew.  It is looking like I will need to allow the survey publish process to create a new feature service, but it turns out that creating a new feature service will not negatively affect my downstream workflows, so I will proceed with publishing.  

Thanks,

- Jake