Survey123 Connect populates multiple excel tabs upon export

02-25-2021 09:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello! I am having issues exporting my Survey123 data to Excel. I am using Connect to build my survey for reference. Upon export, my Excel file has multiple tabs instead of just one. My survey does include repeats. For further reference, repeats are included in the survey for when a survey taker sees the same type of wildlife sign again and needs to add an extra data point. Is there a way to condense the exported Excel sheet into a single tab? Or a different way to structure the survey in Connect so I don't have this issue? Thanks in advance!!

(Side not: I am also having issues with the data output in Survey123 showing text and note fields as a field type... how do I include a text field in a survey without it showing up in the field type of the data? I have tried putting 'null' in the 'bind::esri:fieldtype' but the field still shows up upon viewing the output data..)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Survey123 repeats are tables that are related to the parent data (anything outside the repeat). If you need everything in a single table, you'll have to design your form without repeats. Or join the data in pro/desktop before exporting to excel.

On the text/note fields... If you published the survey and then updated the bind::esri:fieldtype to null, the fields are not populated - but it does not delete the fields for you. You will need to go into the feature service and delete the fields - or republish the forms.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Clay! I will join the repeat data through Access I think. 

On your second point, so if I just republish the survey, these fields should be gone from the data and not the survey? Because I have republished with the 'null' value and the fields are still present. If there is no way to remove these from the output data, I can most definitely just select and delete fields from the feature service... just looking for a simplified way to achieve this.  

0 Kudos