Survey123 Connect not connecting to MySurveyDesigns folder

10-18-2018 10:53 AM
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

I was making a few updates to some surveys this morning, and suddenly Survey123 Connect was not finding my survey designs. As in,  I cannot open the surveys at all.  I checked, and everything is there in C:\Users\lberni\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs.   

Here's the warning when I try to open a survey:

Also, any new surveys that I just created are not showing in Connect at all. They are, however, being saved in the My SurveyDesigns folder.  

I'm using Connect v 3.0.142, which I updated to several weeks ago.

This is very disconcerting. 

Please advise asap.

Thanks,

Lynn

5 Replies
ArchitSrivastava1
New Contributor III

Hello Lynn,

Could you please try renaming the "My Survey Designs" present at "C:\Users\<user_name>\ArcGIS" to "My Survey Designs_old" and relaunch the Survey 123 Connect application.

This should create a new "My Survey Designs" folder and should allow you to download the Survey forms.

Please let me know how it goes. 

Regards,

Archit

0 Kudos
LorettaWinton1
New Contributor III

Hi Archit,

I am having the exact same issue. If I do as you suggest I am still missing all the other surveys that are in my "My Survey Designs" folder. For example, I have several I am still working on that have not yet been published. 

I agree with Lynn that this is very disconcerting, I really don't like it when things just disappear. It gives me trust issues!

Thanks a bunch.

Lori

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava1
New Contributor III

Hello Loretta,

Thanks for the reply. Even though we are allowing application to create a new folder, this newly created folder will contain the non-published Survey in Connect automatically where as the ones which are published to ArcGIS Online/Portal will have to be downloaded.

Please let me know if you observe the behavior to be otherwise.

Regards,

Archit

0 Kudos
BillSimper
New Contributor III

This happened to me yesterday as well. Like you've noticed, you haven't lost your surveys but Connect isn't reading them for some reason, which is super frustrating. What I did in the short term was start up an earlier version of Connect that I still had installed (I keep all the old versions just in case) and it found all the surveys and I was able to edit/publish. And today, the current version (3.0.142) was working again.

For what it's worth, I first noticed the problem when I signed-out of Connect (keeping the program open) so that I could 'see' a form I was working on that I hadn't published yet. That's when everything disappeared (in Connect). 

0 Kudos
LynnBerni
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Archit!

As you suggested, I renamed the folder to My Survey Designs_old. When I restarted Connect, it created a new My Survey Designs folder and I was able to download the ones that I've already published.  I had to recreate the one I was working on (that isn't yet published), by copying the xls form from the "old" folder. 

Any idea what caused this problem?

Lynn

p.s. Bill, I like your suggestion to save the older version(s) of Connect just in case. Will be doing that from now on!

0 Kudos