Survey123 Connect Login Fails After Password Change

03-21-2019 01:18 PM
JonMarks
New Contributor III

I changed my password in ArcGIS Online and can successfully login via my browser, but now I can't login to Survey123 Connect, and I receive a "Too many invalid logins....." warning after one (correct) attempt. I can login and view my surveys on http://survey123.arcgis.com/surveys  however. I have reinstalled the latest version, and rebooted and tried again after 24 hours. I also checked my credential manager as per Survey123 Connect sign in issue but I don't appear to have any Survey123 entries in there.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jon,

Just to confirm, what version of Survey123 Connect and Field app are you using, and on what OS and version?

Can you please provide screenshots of any error messages you are seeing?

Phil.

0 Kudos
JonMarks
New Contributor III

Hi Phil, I'm using v3.3.51 of Survey123 Connect, v3.3.64 of the field app which I can successfully log into. After 1 attempt at logging into Connect I get the warning in the attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jon,

And you are sure there are no entries in the Windows Credential Manager (access via Control Panel). If you do see any, please delete and close and open Connect and try and sign in again:

Phil.

0 Kudos
JonMarks
New Contributor III

No entries at all for Survey123 Phil, and now I can’t log into ArcGiS.com!

Jon Marks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jon,

That is strange, as that is the only place your username and password is stored. Are you able to reset you password via AGO using the forgot password link. Once you have reset it and successfully logged into AGO website, try and log into Connect or App again using same new password.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JonMarks
New Contributor III

Hi Phil, I believe I’ve solved the problem, I was running 16 python scripts to download the survey data and had forgotten to update the passwords in those scripts. These would have been triggering the “Too many attempts” error when I was trying to log in normally!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Jon