Survey123 Connect Loading Surveys Slowly after update 3.12

Jump to solution
03-18-2021 01:01 PM
DanBihari
New Contributor III

Hello,

I recently upgraded Survey123 Connect to version 3.12.230.  I've unfortunately noticed a steep drop off in performance with this new version.

When I open an existing survey with this new version (3.12.230) it takes over 7.5 minutes.  Once that initial open is done and out of the way it then goes back to the normal ~5 - 10 seconds to load.

When editing my surveys, upon saving changes to the XLSForm it then takes over 2 minutes to reload the survey and my changes.  In the past this took at the most 10 - 15 seconds.

Any suggestions to help improve the performance of this latest version would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

~Dan

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BrunoGomesdeSouza
New Contributor III

Hey Guys.

I've installed the survey 123 connect 3.12.232. 

The loading time still too long. The time to load my form was 20 minutes and at each save in xls form more 10 minutes.

In comparison, survey 123 connect 3.10.239  take less than 1 minute to load the form and the same amount of time at each save in xls form.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BrunoGomesdeSouza,

This is likely related to the choice list management and other database related changes made in 3.12 and 3.11, which in some cases we have seen causes Connect to take a long time to refresh the survey preview.

Good news is that improvements have been made in the 3.13 beta builds, which appear to resolve this issue. We now have the 3.13 beta builds for Connect and the field app available on the Early Adopter Community. Please take a look and test out the latest beta builds, and let us know if you see any improvements.

Regards,

Phil.