Survey123 Connect is extremely slow when I dare to do anything

Jump to solution
12-02-2021 04:56 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!
Survey123 Connect both on 3.12.xxx and now on 3.13 (updated today but nothing has changed)

- When I click on New Survey, it gets 8/10 mins to load and, in the meantime, is (Not responding)
- When I click on an existing survey, it gets 8/10 mins  to load and, in the meantime, is (Not responding)
- Every time I save the xls, it takes around 10 minutes to convert the xls form. (not responding)
(this last sample is an xls with simple calculations, no pulldata nor media)

I started working at 9.00 in the morning, and at 9.23 I was already fed up. It is driving me crazy!

(I work on a Dell G15 Gaming Laptop)

What can I do?
Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PanGIS

If your survey has a lot of choice lists and choices in the choices worksheet, I would suggest migrating the choice lists to external CSV's in the media folder as that will help improve the form load time. If you also have a lot of choices I would suggest using minimal or autocomplete appearance as that will reduce the form render time and will improve the form performance. 

Another area where Connect could slow down is if there are a lot of surveys in the My Survey Designs folder on your machine. If you copy surveys out of that folder to another folder on the machine may help improve Connect's performance. 

The best way to understand what's causing the slowdown is to capture a diagnostic log when the behavior is happening.

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @PanGIS

If your survey has a lot of choice lists and choices in the choices worksheet, I would suggest migrating the choice lists to external CSV's in the media folder as that will help improve the form load time. If you also have a lot of choices I would suggest using minimal or autocomplete appearance as that will reduce the form render time and will improve the form performance. 

Another area where Connect could slow down is if there are a lot of surveys in the My Survey Designs folder on your machine. If you copy surveys out of that folder to another folder on the machine may help improve Connect's performance. 

The best way to understand what's causing the slowdown is to capture a diagnostic log when the behavior is happening.

Thank you,
Zach
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you @ZacharySutherby . I removed some old surveys from my design and now everything loads quicker.

0 Kudos