Survey123 Connect .>now() constraint not working

11-14-2017 01:53 AM
MichelleCassidy1
New Contributor II

I am using an existing feature service to build my survey using Survey123 Connect have added the .>now() constraint against a date/time field. However when I try it out, it is allowing me to enter a date/time before today and does not display the constraint message I have entered. Is there a known issue with this?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

This should work - could you share the version of Survey123 field app you are using, the device make and model and operating system (including version). 

Note that if you are testing in Connect - you will need to click the Validate Input button to check the functionality is working.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
MichelleCassidy1
New Contributor II

Hi John, thanks for your response. I have since found that the date/time constraint is enforced at the end of the survey. I find this strange since another constraint I have against an integer field is enforced on data entry.

Thanks,

Michelle

0 Kudos
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

I also confirm that for a DATE field, the constraint is enforced only at the end of the survey when you try to send the survey. I tested this on Survey123 for ArcGIS on windows 7 (Not to be confused with the Validate button in Survey123 CONNECT).

It would be great if this could be enforced sooner as a lot of my other constraint depends on the date.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle and Nicolas.

We have this issue open as an enhancement request and I will add your comments to it.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
S_-_EvanRaskin__GISS_
Occasional Contributor

Johnathan Hasthorpe‌, I'm having this same problem but with a decimal field (constraints not applied until I try to submit survey). This is a problem for me as I have a number of other fields that are calculated based on this decimal field, so the late constraint may come after allowing a user to enter a bunch of data based on the entered value that should have been rejected. I seem to remember that the constraints used to be applied immediately, which seems more appropriate.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Evan,

Can you share your survey form and confirm the version of Survey123 you are using?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
S_-_EvanRaskin__GISS_
Occasional Contributor

Johnathan Hasthorpe‌, I have attached the XLSForm. As an example, constraints for fields such as NewDistance, NewBearing, TransectLength, etc. are not enforced until I either advance to the next instance of the relevant repeat or try to submit. This is a particular problem for DataStartPoint, as this value is used to calculate TransectDistance in the Point Intercept repeat, hence it is possible to enter a whole bunch of data in the latter repeat based on an erroneous starting value, as the DataStartPoint constraint is not applied until advancing to the next transect.

I am using Survey123 Connect version 3.5.157, Survey123 Android app version 3.5.164.

0 Kudos
Strahanjen
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Johnathan,

Can you please provide an update on the status of this feature? We, too, have a strong business case to have data validation occur instantly rather than waiting until the survey is submitted.

0 Kudos
AnnieBandong
New Contributor

Please help, constraint doesn't work well after publishing the survey from survey123 connect.  Since I design my survey in pages, I cannot proceed to the next page unless i choose another date for the date/time field with but still return with error.

I want the user to select date after 3 days from the day he fill out the survey  here's the syntax (.>=(today() + (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24 * 3))). 

I attached the xls form for reference. Thank you!