Survey123 Connect geopoint Pin symbol is suddenly missing from the map of the form

Jump to solution
06-21-2022 09:04 AM
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

We have used this same form for quite some time and this week the PIN from the geopoint has disappeared as a symbol in the map (see first screenshot below).

• I have checked my XLS sheet and it is still configured the way I originally configured it, there is no option chosen in the appearance field of the geopoint record.
  • I checked the connect settings for my map and the map preview does have the blue pin in the map (see second screenshot below).
  • I tried to go to my online Survey123 settings for versions and viewed what it would look like if I used the newest version of Survey123 instead of the version it was published with, and the pin was still not present.

The pin was helpful for my users, right now they can still add a point by clicking in the map on a location, but there is no symbol to indicate for them that they clicked in the proper place. Is anyone else having this issue?

KaraUtter_0-1655827257086.png

KaraUtter_1-1655827277791.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@KaraUtter  This issue should now be resolved. Thanks again for pointing this out!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for reporting. Investigating this issue... stay tuned

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Thank you, Ismael!

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@KaraUtter  This issue should now be resolved. Thanks again for pointing this out!

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

@IsmaelChivite I still don't see the blue point. I have mine set to remain with the version I published with because things can break if you choose the other settings. Is there where my issue might still be?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @KaraUtter Can you share the URL of your survey?

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

Yes, but the layer it is based on is not public: ADDRESS POINTS EDITOR (arcgis.com)

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@KaraUtter  Since the survey is not public. We cannot diagnose this. I suggest you open an Esri Tech Support incident so an analyst can help debugging the problem. We will be happy to help once we have the details.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
KaraUtter

I already have an open ticket with them about this and their solution was to choose "always use latest version" which is not a great solution because things break too easily when there is an update. I did receive a message from my user and she said the pin is back so it must be a cache issue on my computer. So, whatever you did resolved the issue! Thank you. I will mark this as resolved.

0 Kudos
KimBaillieul
New Contributor II

Hi - I have had this exact issue show up today - having tested it on multiple computers and devices. Is there any action I can take to get this resolved ASAP?

It's a public-facing survey but I'd rather not paste it here. 

0 Kudos