Survey123 Connect Frozen when publishing survey

Jump to solution
03-13-2019 01:54 PM
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

I have had the occasion several times with different surveys "getting stuck" and not publishing.  The screen that it gets stuck on is attached.  I am able to publish other surveys again without restarting or rebooting the program.  My only solution is to create a new survey.  This has happened enough times to get rather inefficient.  Does anyone else have this issue and have a solution?

Tags (2)
17 Replies
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

Glad it worked out!!

0 Kudos
BryanO_Reilly
New Contributor III

Moving back to the original folder immediately did the trick for me! THANK YOU for sharing that tip.

0 Kudos
DeeLofstrom
New Contributor II

I just ran into this issue and had some success getting it to publish again.  I had already deleted the original folder so I couldn't move it back.  In survey123 connect version 3.7.62, I opened up the windows folder containing all the files for the survey, and then opened the .itemInfo file associated with the survey.  I found the line ""ownerFolder": and updated the Folder ItemID on that line with the current Folder ItemID (which I found in the URL when clicking on the folder in AGO).  Then I tried republishing the survey and it worked.

KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

This is great!! Thank you so much for finding that and sharing your success!!  Now we can move them wherever with no issues!!

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor

This is an old topic, but I ran into the same issue today.  I had created the surveys, then moved them into a new folder in AGOL.  The easy way to fix it was to rename them in AGOL (I added "OLD" at the end), then update them in Survey123 Connect using the update button on the main page (not in the individual survey, but that may work).  It prompted me to redownload them, which I did.  I made the needed changes to the surveys, then republished them under the new name.  Back in AGOL, I changed the name of the survey in back to the original name, then updated the surveys in Survey123 Connect, as before.  Although it's a bit of back and forth, it was very easy to do and all of my surveys remained unbroken in Experience Builder using the Survey and Embed widget.

RudyJamet
New Contributor II

I had the same issue and I applied your solution which worked like a charm. Thanks.

0 Kudos
HeatherBell
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Just to add a note to this for anyone else stuck with this error, that I find that if I change the folder ID in the iteminfo file and then save it, and then leave the iteminfo file open while I republish it works. If I close the iteminfo file before publishing it doesn't work. 

Heather

GIS Analyst @ The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
FrankHerbert
New Contributor III

I was having the same problem:

- Published 3x surveys

- Moved them into a shared folder on AGOL

- Republishing one of the surveys freezes and doesn't update correctly.

The workaround I'm using is, load up Survey123 Connect, and on the survey icon, refresh the app. This syncs the app in Connect with what you have on AGOL i.e. the new folder location. I did find some of the select_multiple choices had duplicated, so I opened the xls and hit save. This seemed to remove the duplicates by syncing with the xls again. The survey view in Connect is now legit and you can re-publish the survey.

0 Kudos