Survey123 Connect Frozen when publishing survey

1781
14
Jump to solution
03-13-2019 01:54 PM
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

I have had the occasion several times with different surveys "getting stuck" and not publishing.  The screen that it gets stuck on is attached.  I am able to publish other surveys again without restarting or rebooting the program.  My only solution is to create a new survey.  This has happened enough times to get rather inefficient.  Does anyone else have this issue and have a solution?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

Glad it worked out!!

0 Kudos
BryanO_Reilly
New Contributor III

Moving back to the original folder immediately did the trick for me! THANK YOU for sharing that tip.

0 Kudos
DeeLofstrom
New Contributor II

I just ran into this issue and had some success getting it to publish again.  I had already deleted the original folder so I couldn't move it back.  In survey123 connect version 3.7.62, I opened up the windows folder containing all the files for the survey, and then opened the .itemInfo file associated with the survey.  I found the line ""ownerFolder": and updated the Folder ItemID on that line with the current Folder ItemID (which I found in the URL when clicking on the folder in AGO).  Then I tried republishing the survey and it worked.

KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

This is great!! Thank you so much for finding that and sharing your success!!  Now we can move them wherever with no issues!!

0 Kudos
JasminePrater
New Contributor III

This is an old topic, but I ran into the same issue today.  I had created the surveys, then moved them into a new folder in AGOL.  The easy way to fix it was to rename them in AGOL (I added "OLD" at the end), then update them in Survey123 Connect using the update button on the main page (not in the individual survey, but that may work).  It prompted me to redownload them, which I did.  I made the needed changes to the surveys, then republished them under the new name.  Back in AGOL, I changed the name of the survey in back to the original name, then updated the surveys in Survey123 Connect, as before.  Although it's a bit of back and forth, it was very easy to do and all of my surveys remained unbroken in Experience Builder using the Survey and Embed widget.

0 Kudos