Survey123 Connect Frozen when publishing survey

Jump to solution
03-13-2019 01:54 PM
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

I have had the occasion several times with different surveys "getting stuck" and not publishing.  The screen that it gets stuck on is attached.  I am able to publish other surveys again without restarting or rebooting the program.  My only solution is to create a new survey.  This has happened enough times to get rather inefficient.  Does anyone else have this issue and have a solution?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeeLofstrom
New Contributor II

I just ran into this issue and had some success getting it to publish again.  I had already deleted the original folder so I couldn't move it back.  In survey123 connect version 3.7.62, I opened up the windows folder containing all the files for the survey, and then opened the .itemInfo file associated with the survey.  I found the line ""ownerFolder": and updated the Folder ItemID on that line with the current Folder ItemID (which I found in the URL when clicking on the folder in AGO).  Then I tried republishing the survey and it worked.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Katherine,

Can you please provide a log file captured during the hang up?

You can save to a file and upload it to this thread.

Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

I turned on the log and next time it happens I will post the log file in this thread.  I had already deleted the old and created a new survey to publish.

0 Kudos
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

So it is happening again today with a different survey:

I went to go get the log document and the logger was turned off again.  Is there a way to keep it on?  I turned it on and tried to publish again and it asked me to log in again, then took much longer than normal to create web form then got stuck on the same screen.  I gave the whole process 8 or so minutes to work itself out.  It usually takes seconds, no longer than 15 to 30 seconds to publish.  I did not get any type of error pop up, I ended up closing the screen.  See attached logger document.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Katherine,

In looking at the log that you provided, I see that there is an error referencing "User folder does not exist".  I'm wondering if you have moved the content (feature layer, form, etc...) from the survey's default folder in your ArcGIS Online content?

0 Kudos
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

I have moved/renamed the folder in AGO for every single one, but this error does not happen all the time. I’ll have to do more testing to see if that could be the issue. Is there any way around this to where we could be able to move it without a problem? I would like a little more flexibility in where I could save things both in AGO and on the desktop.

Thanks!!

Katie.

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi! I have the same problem.

I was trying republish the survey and got stuck there. The change I made was deleting some of the lists in the choice sheets. I didn't touch anything else.

Three actions were in the list (all same as the screenshot), and the change I made didn't published.

Did you solve the problem?

0 Kudos
KatherinePadilla
Occasional Contributor

One question, Did you move the survey item from one folder to another in AGO? This may be the issue. I am hope they are working on a solution to solve this issue. It would make file organization cleaner and more effective for us if we have the freedom to move items where we would like them without breaking the link to connect. I have multiple surveys for one program and would like them to all reside in the same folder. This is not a possibility without fully remaking the survey every time there is an update…so for now I am keeping them in separate folders until there is a solution. I did find I could rename the folder without having this issue. Hope this helps.

YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for replying my question!

Yes I moved the form to a folder... I just moved the form back to the original place and tried to republish, and it didn't work

I'm thinking I will create the new form and keep it in where it is... I hope ESRI will fix this problem soon!

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

I moved the form to not the original place! So I moved the form again to the original folder, and now I can publish the form, I don't have to re-create the form. Thanks for your suggestion!

0 Kudos