Survey123 Connect: From Connect with ArcGIS to Web Survey; bold text isn't transferring and image size is being shrunk

02-22-2018 02:23 PM
ZachYinger
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I am pleased with the layout of my survey via the Connect with ArcGIS Application, bold lettering, image sizes, and formatting look the way i formatted my .xls code (I'll attach my .xls sheet below for viewing). Although, when I upload my survey and access it via the collaboration tab on the website, things change. My font is no longer bold and the images I have set within the survey are extremely small, when in reality their dimension size in the media folder is massive! I have everything organized and set to the best of my ability. Below I have attached images of my Connect for ArcGIS layout, Web layout, actual sizes of my images, and images size setting on the Connect Application. Anything helps, thanks!

Apologies on the scroll of images, I want be thorough. The 1st image is the image setting tab in the Connect Application, 2nd and 3rd are what they look like on my online within the web survey, 4th and 5th are the actual size of the images in my media folder, and 6th and 7th are what my images and layout look like on the Connect Application. Thanks for checking this post out, hopefully you can help, my .xls will be attached below.

Cheers,

Zach Yinger

.xls link: https://merced-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/zyinger_ucmerced_edu/ES_mPcYrg6dGgINTDQYPE-gB8EJhNqc...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Madeline_Brown
New Contributor II

Hello!

A few questions until someone else with more experience comes along, haha...

Does the strange resizing happen only on one type of device? Deskptop, iPhone, iPad?

The website you're accessing where the survey is hosted...have you tried accessing from various browsers?

Have you tried resizing the original images? You mentioned their original size is massive.

Not super helpful and along the lines of "have you tried turning it off and on again," but maybe that will help get some other trains of thought going. I can't do much investigating at the moment but will be happy to look more in depth later.

-M.

0 Kudos
ZachYinger
New Contributor II

Hey Madeline,

I am strictly using the Survey for online purposes, people will be accessing it strictly on the web. I've tried all that you listed, different browsers, different OS's, altered images size, and even did an all system reset. I appreciate the comment and will definitely give the image sizing another shot. Let me know when you have more time, my email is zyinger@ucmerced.edu. Send me an email so we connect, thanks for your time, we'll talk soon.

Cheers,

Zach Yinger

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zach,

First, I'll note that the image settings are for the dimensions of the photos captured by teh device, not displayed in the form.  Without the images, it's somewhat difficult to debug the issue you might be seeing.  That being said, I am seeing bold text from the form in both the  website and Survey123 field app.

0 Kudos
ZachYinger
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply James. I'll insert the photos and my current survey so you can take a look, let me know if there is a better way to attach them besides just inserting them. The bold text has now decided to work, the first time I published it decided not to come along. 

The images attached are my banner photo and my 3 photos for section 1. Let me know if you need anything else to further asses and diagnose my issue, thanks.

current survey: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/2e0b2ef993e54803b873cf7437104948 

0 Kudos