Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Connect Formatting Not Carrying over to Web

01-06-2024 09:22 AM
jzibbell_boise
New Contributor III

Functionality that is working in Connect but not working in the web includes:

1) Using the join function to keep a running list of repeats in the header. It adds the first one but not the subsequent repeats.

jzibbell_boise_0-1704560308506.png

2) If I use autocomplete for the appearance, the drop down comes off to the side and once you select something you have to physically delete it to get the drop down to come back.

jzibbell_boise_1-1704560657347.png

Help is appreciated! My xlsx file is attached.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

1) Have you tried adding calculationMode=always to the bind::esri:parameters column for that calculate?

2a) That looks like an OS thing? Which browser/OS are you using? While on Firefox/Windows, I get this for my drop-down EDIT: I don't think that was a question - more of a description. You can ignore this and jump to 2b, below. However, I'll leave this since I, at least, find these peculiarities of different OS interesting.

abureaux_1-1704656217917.png

2b) Having to physically delete the text to get the dropdown back is basically "working as intended". In the Field App, you get a 'x', but in the web app, it relies on the user manually clearing the field.

0 Kudos
jzibbell_boise
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response! The calculationMode=always didn't work. But I'm glad to get confirmation that the lack of the x is by design. I was using Chrome, to me that drop down off to the side wasn't ideal, but sounds like it's out of my control. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think join() is one of those that only works outside the repeat.  You have it inside.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

100% this.

This is what I get for multitasking. Somehow didn't even look at the screen cap.