Survey123 connect error creating feature class

Jump to solution
05-31-2018 01:52 PM
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Hi,

I try to publish the "basic form" sample without update, like it come, to my arcgis Portal 10.5.1 federated with arcgis server 10.5.1.

When i publish i have an error : creating feature class failed error 500 and publish stops.

I use the portal admin account but is it necessarry to activate some parameters ?

Folder is created and Feature Layer too.

is there a detailled log somewhere ?

thanks for your help

Rémy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III
Hi,
Problem Solved !
I asked to my colleague, to install "Workforce" on our enterprise portal, and after trying to create a workforce project, he had the same error "failed to create the Feature Class.".
He inspected the logfiles in ArcGisServer Manager and he saw this error. After activated the debug mode and retried he saw  "failed to create the Feature Class : datastore is read only." or something like this.
After searched on google, he saw that when there is less than 1go of free space on portal's hard disk, datastore pass in read only.
Just before trying "Survey 123 Connect", we had an issue with disk free space  following a tile cache generation… so we think that our datastore changed of status at this moment.
After changed in writing mode, "Workforce" can create project and "Survey 123 connect" too !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Remy,

Do you have AppStudio for ArcGIS installed? You can use the AppStudio Console to get detailed log information.

What version of Connect are you using? Latest is 2.8. Was publishing to this Portal working previously with Connect 2.7 or earlier?

Also, are you using Windows, if so what version? Thanks.

Cheers,

Phil.

0 Kudos
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Thanks Philip,

i install app studio on my PC => Windows 10 Windows update of april 2018.

Now i can run the app studio console.

But, when i run "Survey123 Connect" verion 2.8.4 and i publish my basic survey enable in the survey connect template, i can see log on the app studio console...

Cheers

Rémy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Remy,

Yes, once you open the AppStudio Console and then go to the Diagnostics settings in Connect, you can turn on the Logging option and you should start to see the logs appear in the console. Your Hostname of AppStudio Console should appear in the list in Connect. If not, click on the QR code in AppStudio Console and manually type it into the Connect location address including the syslog:// part.

Let me know how you go.

Phil.

0 Kudos
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks a lot for this answered. It’s now more clearly for me using console with survey.

I send you the log where you can :

• First : validate form action is ok

• Last : Publish form failed to create the Feature Class.

Thanks for your help

Rémy

0 Kudos
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III

Hi,

Curiously, i have no problem to use an existing feature service from my geodatabase with Survey123, near same Basic structure of survey.

Is there a specific Grant on server that i forgot ?

Rémy

0 Kudos
RémyGourrat
New Contributor III
Hi,
Problem Solved !
I asked to my colleague, to install "Workforce" on our enterprise portal, and after trying to create a workforce project, he had the same error "failed to create the Feature Class.".
He inspected the logfiles in ArcGisServer Manager and he saw this error. After activated the debug mode and retried he saw  "failed to create the Feature Class : datastore is read only." or something like this.
After searched on google, he saw that when there is less than 1go of free space on portal's hard disk, datastore pass in read only.
Just before trying "Survey 123 Connect", we had an issue with disk free space  following a tile cache generation… so we think that our datastore changed of status at this moment.
After changed in writing mode, "Workforce" can create project and "Survey 123 connect" too !
0 Kudos