Survey123 connect crashing on start up

Jump to solution
02-17-2022 01:50 PM
ARyanWADNR
New Contributor III

Hi all,

About three months ago I updated my Survey123 connect software to the latest version. Since that time, I have had an intermittent issue where connect will crash during its start-up. It sometimes goes black for a minute first, and occasionally causes a graphics driver crash error. Other times it just blinks off and doesn't load.

It seems that I might be having a graphics issue, but it only is happening with Survey123 connect and to a more limited extent the Survey123 desktop app. Other programs that utilize the graphics card are all working just fine, including Metashape Photoprocessing a very GPU-heavy app.

Is there something particularly graphics-intensive about Connect?

Thanks!

Andrew

(He|Him)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ARyanWADNR

The largest graphics intensive workflow I can think of for Connect is rendering a form that has a lot of choices that aren't using minimal or autocomplete appearance, or if you have a very large number of surveys (with thumbnails) in your My Survey Designs gallery.  

It would be good to confirm your graphics drivers are up to date. Another thing to check would be if there are any error messages in the Windows Event Viewer logs under Windows Logs > Application. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ARyanWADNR

The largest graphics intensive workflow I can think of for Connect is rendering a form that has a lot of choices that aren't using minimal or autocomplete appearance, or if you have a very large number of surveys (with thumbnails) in your My Survey Designs gallery.  

It would be good to confirm your graphics drivers are up to date. Another thing to check would be if there are any error messages in the Windows Event Viewer logs under Windows Logs > Application. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
ARyanWADNR
New Contributor III

Thank you for the response Zachary!

I didn't know about Windows Event Viewer, that is super handy!

It does look like it is an error with Survey123 itself, so I am going to have to figure out what the ntdll.dll module is and why it might be causing problems.

Thanks again, and here is a copy of the error code In case anyone else is having this issue:

Faulting application name: ArcGISSurvey123Connect.exe, version: 3.13.234.0, time stamp: 0x613869aa
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.2037, time stamp: 0xe66208c3
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f91c9
Faulting process id: 0x1548c

0 Kudos