Survey123 Connect and Survey spreadsheet suddenly deleted

06-08-2018 09:32 AM
EvanReis
New Contributor

I was working in Survey123 Connect with the XLS spreadsheet open and suddenly both closed and deleted from my computer - both the XLS and the EXE. I have no idea what happened. They do not show up in my Recycle Bin. How can I recover the spreadsheet???

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Evan,

By Survey123 Connect being deleted, are you referring to the icon on your Desktop or the Survey123 Connect Folder at C:\<username>\Applications\ArcGIS?  Can you check for the survey folder at C:\<username>\AppStudio\My Survey Designs?

0 Kudos
EvanReis
New Contributor

The Survey123ConnectforArcGIS folder remained along with all the dll and other support files, but literally just the Survey123Connect EXE file disappeared along with the .XLS spreadsheet of the form itself in the My Survey Designs folder. I was able to uninstall and then reinstall Connect and then retrieve the form that I had published onto my Online account, which fortunately recreated the .XLS file, but this is actually the second time this has happened.

0 Kudos
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Evan,

I have seen cases whereby anti-virus software quarantines the .exe. Have you got anti-virus software, and if so can you check whether anything is quarantined?

Mikie

0 Kudos
EvanReis
New Contributor

That was it. The EXE was quarantined. Should I go into the anti-virus and make sure that file is allowed?

Evan Reis, PE, SE

Executive Director • Co-Founder

P 650.804.5737

<mailto:evan.reis@usrc.org> evan.reis@usrc.org

Please visit our new website <http://www.usrc.org/> usrc.org

Increasing Disaster Resilience by Measuring Building Performance

IMPORTANT: THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION, AND ANY ATTACHMENTS, IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL, AND THIS COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IF THE RECIPIENT OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION, OR ANY ATTACHMENTS, IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE AT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER LISTED ABOVE, OR BY EMAIL AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS LISTED ABOVE, AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL COMMUNICATION, AND ANY ATTACHMENTS, AND DESTROY ANY COPIES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

0 Kudos
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Evan,

Yes if you can add an exclusion for the Survey123 folders that would be ideal:

C:\Users\<username>\Applications\ArcGIS

C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS

Out of interest, what anti-virus software do you use?

Mikie

0 Kudos