Survey123: Conflict between Relevant/Required fields.

06-13-2016 09:04 AM
WarrenDavison
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'd like to report some strange behaviour I've encountered while using Survey123 (v1.4.30). I've designed a survey to allow our field staff to collect details pertaining to city playgrounds. There is a repeat component of the survey where they enter various features that they would observe in the playground, some of these features (but not all) have additional fields that describe more specific characteristics of the equipment. To reflect this I've implemented fields that are only relevant to the survey if a specific component type has been selected. This methodology works fine until the current component has been added and a new repeat is initiated, the required field constraint from the previous component type persists despite the field no longer being relevant.

It would seem that this only impacts iPad deployments of the survey (using iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3.1), I cannot replicate the issue using iPhone6 - iOS 9.3.2). So far I have only been able to avoid this glitch by removing the required constraint from all fields within the repeat section of the survey. I've attached my survey form for review.

If anyone else has encountered this problem or has some suggestions give me a shout.

Thanks,

Warren

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrittneyGibbons
New Contributor III

I am also experiencing strange behavior when trying to use Survey123 from an iPad Air2 (iOS versions 9.2.1 and later 9.3.2). Cascading selects from external choice lists and relevancies are not working properly. The same survey is working perfectly on a regular iPad, an Android device, and desktop versions of Survey123.

0 Kudos